Welcome to our blog! We are missionaries to Spain who use photography to be a blessing to other missionaries and pastors. Since then, God has truly blessed our hobby and we are enjoying taking pictures even more! Feel free to comment! We love hearing about people and sharing experiences on photography, missions, and God!

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Free to Succeed Tour

Yesterday we had the opportunity to go to the Free to Succeed seminar! In the beginning it was just going to be me, but the Lord opened doors for Nate to come with me! Now I'm so glad Nate came! The seminar was amazing! David Jay has been doing this tour all over the States during August and September, and he had great things and tips to teach us! For those who don't know who he is, he is a wedding photographer. He is in the top 12 wedding photographers in the world, and I believe the top wedding portrait photographer! Everybody there were great and very real, and he shared with us many things he does, he used to do, what works, what doesn't, etc etc... which we really thank him for! So we were so excited to attend this seminar, and we got so much out of it! We learned new things about marketing, editing, webs, etc etc so many things that I could spend hours talking about it! It was also great because now we know that we are on the right track!! so that's always good to know! Although we want to do some improvements, so we'll be working on that for the next two weeks.! On the way back to the house, Nate and I were just talking about the seminar and our business, coming up with new ideas, looking for ways to apply what we learned to our business, etc etc it was just great! Something he really emphasized in this seminar was that we have to help others in order to succeed in our business. And it's true! And there is a big question we asked ourselves: is what your doing worth giving up your life for? because there are more important things in life that we don't want to miss or regret not doing. It was very encouraging to hear this! For those of you that know us, you know that we looooooove photography, we enjoy photography, and we want to keep using photography to be a blessing to many people! But our first passion and priority is God, and missions! And that's worth giving our lives for! We want to live for Him and serve Him, and we want to always keep it like this! We can't wait to go back to Spain and serve God there! For those that don't know us, I was born and raised in Madrid, so I have a big burden for my country! Nate is from Maine, but God put a burden in his heart for Spain too, which I love and am so thankful for!
We met a lot of great people, and we met more photographers from our area! We're going to be doing some activities together and get to know more photographers!
One thing I did not expect at all was to meet Sarah Barlow. A few months ago, I found her blog and I loved her pictures! I thought, that's the kind of photography I like! That's what I was looking for! It was so encouraging and so inspiring! She is my favorite :D She used to live in Chicago and she just moved to Nashville, and attended the seminar here. So who would have thought the first time I saw her blog, that I would end up meeting her ;)
Well, again, there are so many things that I could take forever to say them all, and you all know I'm not very good at writing! ;)
Thank you again for stopping by! Have a great day!

2 comments:

Pilar said...

It is so great that you and Nate share the love for photography, that way you two can work together. Can tell you love to share it with him :). You guys are doing great.

Nate and Arancha Photography said...

I know see this post: 4 years later... oops! :)