Welcome to our blog! We are missionaries to Spain who use photography to be a blessing to other missionaries and pastors. Since then, God has truly blessed our hobby and we are enjoying taking pictures even more! Feel free to comment! We love hearing about people and sharing experiences on photography, missions, and God!

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Giving diligence to our calling

A couple of days ago, as I was doing my devotional, there was a verse that really got my attention. It is something I have always kept in mind, and it has always helped me stay on what God has called me to do. Every time I have a little doubt about what whether I should change something or not, I just tell myself: "God showed you what the right thing to do was, right? You followed His guidance, right? Has He told you to change it? No.... I guess it means that I have to just be patience and just wait for Him to show me every little step I have to take." Actually, Paqui was the one helping me one time when I was trying to decide whether I should switch colleges or no when I was a freshman. Since that conversation, this has worked for many decisions in my life and it has allowed me to use it to be a help to others! So when I read this verse yesterday, it just made me remember God's faithfulness and goodness. We just need to have faith that God will always do the perfect thing at the right time. He has showed me this during my whole Christian life, and I can never thank Him enough for it! :D
2 Peter 1:10 "Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall." We also need to remember that no matter how long ago or how long till... if God called us to do something, we need to stick to it! It can be days, months, years... till we get to do it, but God is faithful!!!!! And as the verse says, we will never fall if we always keep in our heart what God has called us to do and to be :)
I thought I would share this with you all! Have a wonderful day!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Pilar said...

Thank you for sharing. It is a blessing to hear how God is working on people's lifes. Our God is so great!