Welcome to our blog! We are missionaries to Spain who use photography to be a blessing to other missionaries and pastors. Since then, God has truly blessed our hobby and we are enjoying taking pictures even more! Feel free to comment! We love hearing about people and sharing experiences on photography, missions, and God!

Friday, August 13, 2010

F.A.Q. Poses


How do y'all get so many great ideas with locations and how the people pose? Are they more your ideas or do the people in the pictures give their opinions?

I love cities, so usually I will find downtown (in whatever city we are at) and walk around a lot! its helpful to be there a day before or an hour before and check out the location. It helps get ideas and poses so when you get there with the clients, you know what you want, and the session will flow :)

For couples' poses: before I started the business, I used to check a looooot of photography websites from David Jay, Jasmine Star, and other famous photographers for inspiration. I would look at a lot of wedding magazines too just to get inspired. I would think about a session and then write down or even draw poses that I had in my head so I wouldnt forget and I would bring the paper with me to the session and review it on the way to the session.

I always pose them the way I like or the way I think would go well with the background, couple...and then tell them to feel comfortable with each other. If they feel awkward in that pose, it's gonna be noticeable in the picture. So if they feel comfortable, they will look more natural in the pictures, which is what I am looking for. I usually choose a pose, have them look at me for the first shot and smile, and then have them interact with each other and just take a lot of pictures while they are having fun with each other, talking, or just looking at each other. As I take pictures, I move around and try different angles of each pose.

Look for walls or just play with the depth of field. A head-shot at a 1.8 aperture will have a very blurry background and make the subject pop! And if there are some colors in the back it can help a lot!

I hope this is what you were looking for!

Stay tuned, I'll be posting pictures of a very cute little boy!!!

God bless you!

Arancha

No comments: